Ecommerce web hosting is becoming more and more popular as vendors begin to sell their products and services on the internet. This has lead to an increase in the different types of hosting plans available from web hosting providers. Every ecommerce web hosting plan differs, and choosing one can be tricky. But as a general rule, the best packages have flexibility for unique customization, large capacity for the management of web traffic and optimum functionality for online shopping carts, catalogs and payment systems.
Customers will not purchase from your store unless you have a smooth running ecommerce web hosting plan. Here are some things to consider when investigating the hosting capability for your website:
1) Determine the favored programming languages of your website developers; this will help determine if you will go with a Linux web hosting plan or a Windows web hosting plan.
2) Determine if you need shared web hosting or dedicated web hosting: Cost wise, shared web site hosting offers the most inexpensive web hosting plans and is the most logical choice for most small to medium sized businesses. If you plan on selling your products and services in a straightforward manner, then most ecommerce web hosting plans offered on a shared server will be just fine for you.
3) Determine how much storage and bandwidth you will need: If your website will store lots of data like images, music, etc., then you will need more hard space offered in your ecommerce web hosting package. If you will be expecting a large amount of website traffic, then you will need a high amount of bandwidth.
Now that we gave the basics out of the way, we can discuss ecommerce web hosting features. In order to select the right web hosting package, you’ll need to read over a list of plans and compare their functionality and their price. This should be pretty straight-forward, but if you get lost, you can always read over the FAQ section and brush up on your web hosting terms.
When you’re looking at your comparison list, you must ask questions like the ones below in terms of functionality:
1) Does the shopping cart included in the ecommerce web hosting plan accept eChecks as well as credit cards and Paypal? These are the three most common ways that a customer will pay for your products and services. The best ecommerce stores offer many ways for clients to pay. Also, does the shopping cart payment processor accept transactions from other countries? This may be important to you.
2) Does the shopping cart included in the ecommerce web hosting package allow for unlimited products and categories? You don’t want to be limited in what you can sell or how much you can sell. Try to look for web hosting plans with no or very high limits.
3) Will email notifications automatically be sent out to the consumer once they place an order? This is a very convenient feature and a must if you want your ecommerce web hosting plan to make you successful.
When you’re looking at your comparison list, you must ask questions like the ones below in terms of price:
1) How much is the monthly or yearly subscription cost? Can you pay month to month or not? Some web hosting providers will give you a discount if you pay for your ecommerce web hosting for one whole year.
2) What is the set-up fee for a new online store?
3) If you want to, at a later point, add products to your ecommerce store, will the web hosting provider charge you for each new addition?
4) How much will the web hosting provider charge for each product you sell using your ecommerce web hosting plan?
Your website is the pretty front-end of a complicated back-end. Make sure that your ecommerce web hosting plan is portrayed nicely using a clean and easy to use web site design. Make sure it appeals to your client demographic.
If you follow the guidelines mentioned in this article, you will be successful when it comes to ecommerce web hosting.