What is a Blog?
After you create a new blog, the URL of the sub-domain which belongs to the blogger, appears like ‘myarticles.blogspot.com’. However, if you are not willing to suffix BlogSpot, or are looking for a sophisticated domain name, then you need to customize your domain so that the URL to your blog appears like ‘myarticles.com’ instead of your earlier ‘mysite.blogspot.in’. For further information, take a look at exactly what is a domain name and how to customize it with BigRock.
In this article we discuss how to use a Bigrock domain to customize your blog URL. Bigrock being world’s leading web hosting and domain Registration Company, makes it trusted network.
Before we proceed to the procedure to customize your domain name, we suggest you to purchase a domain name from bigrock using an available Discount coupon code.
The Step by step easy method to set up blogger custom domain:
- Set up a Bigrock Account.
- Log in to your account and select the list order option from the given menu bar. After that you can choose a domain name which you wish to configure.
- Select a Manage DNS link after clicking on DNS Management on your domain from a suitable pane.
- Then establish ‘A Records’ of the domain using ‘Add Address A Records’ tab. This will create four different A records for you are utilizing these IPs one after the other:
- Leave the host name column blank, and use the above listed IPs in the destination IPv4 Address and apply the TTL value 28800.
- Once you create four different A Records, you need to Cname your domain
- From the Cname records column tab, select Add Cname record www in the Name box and enter the value TTL 28800 and ‘ghs.google.com’. Now you need to save your chosen cname record.
On completion of the above steps, you are done setting a domain your blog. Confirm your identity and verify your authority on both the domains.
Domain Setup and verification of Blog:
Log in to your account, and choose the blog from which you want to set as a domain name.
Point on Setting Tab > Basic > Publishing Blog Address > Add Custom Domain name > Switch to Advanced Settings, type your desirable custom domain name (URL) in the provided box, and click on save button.
In order to verify the approval of the domain name, create another cname record in Domain DNS.
Simply type the cname, as we add ‘ghs.google.com’ and ‘www’, there is no need to create it all over again. But remember to create cname using verification codes only.
The first code should be used the Name box and the Second long code goes in the Value Box of Cname, and then insert TTL 28800.
After you done with all the above stated steps, it will take few hours to update DNS settings and verify your blog.
Once it is verified, again add in the domain name by switching the custom settings in your blogs.