There are a lot of free blogging platforms available. Though, only two have won the netizens heart. If you don’t have a clue, these two allow people to blog and enjoy other features without the need to pay even a dime. We’re talking about WordPress and Blogger. Usually, every new blogger begins their first website with either WordPress or Blogspot, and there has been a huge competition between the two.
Though, not all are familiar with these platforms. Therefore, let’s discuss about the differences and similarities of each to help you decide which one is ideal for you. There might be different reasons why you’re planning to join this community, but it’s always best to opt for one that’s compatible with your needs. Without further ado, let’s see if you’re a Blogspot or WordPress person.
What is Blogger and it’s Features: –
Before anything else, Blogspot is a free web hosting service that most web developers use. However, there has been a big confusion between Blogger and Blogspot. The real name of the service is Blogger but when you create a blog or website on Blogger, it’ll be hosted by Blogspot.com.
One of the biggest perks of using Blogspot is that it doesn’t take much time to set up your blog. In less than 10 minutes, you could create an account and start designing your website. Likewise, it’s very easy to maintain and use this platform. The moment you’re done setting up your Blogspot account, you could start posting as much as you like. Now, let’s discuss about the other positive points about having a Blogspot account.
1. Easy to Maintain: A Blogspot account is very easy to maintain and you could conveniently add pages and posts even when you’re not a computer professional. Likewise, it’s very easy to switch from one design to the next by using the free templates and layouts available in the site.
2. Domain Name: In Blogspot, your domain name would be, “yourblogname.blogspot.com” by default. Though, the “en” would depend on which country you’ve created your account. However, Blogspot also gives you the privilege to choose your own domain name for about $10 per year and you can connect your blogger account into your personalized domain name. The biggest perk of this is that you don’t even need to worry about any web hosting fees.
3. No Coding Needing: Blogspot supports almost all features of a simple blog and you don’t even need to have a technical background about coding. Also, Blogspot offers a lot of templates that are free for use.
4. AdSense: Due to the fact that Blogspot and AdSense are owned by the same company, you could easily post your ads and earn revenues from it. You could use your blog to promote products or affiliates online, allowing you to make money.
5. Traffic: Tags and categories make Blogspot more organized. It allows other users to find your site easily and an active forum is a perfect way to drive traffic.
These are just some important points about Blogspot as a blogging platform. If you want to have a personal blog where you can share your experiences with relatives and friends, this could be ideal for you. You can design your own blog, personalize, and use it accordingly.
What is WordPress and it’s Features: –
Now, let’s discuss about the other blogging platform that’s as popular as Blogspot, the WordPress. WordPress is an open source blogging platform that offers its users the chance to fully customize their page. Though, this shouldn’t be confused with wordpress.com and wordpress.org. Even though both are owned by the same company, wordpress.com is similar to Blogspot and offers free web hosting as well as a domain name (websitename.wordpress.com). On the other hand, wordpress.org is an official site of the WordPress project.
Just like Blogspot, WordPress is absolutely free. Al you need to have is a hosting plan from a hosting company and a domain name; and you’re all set. Also, WordPress offers a single click installation that would be useful if you have a hosting plan, such as a cPanel. With a cPanel, you’re allowed to do a one click installation upgrade from your WordPress platform.
1. Domain name: When you purchase your personalized domain name, it’ll be “sitename.com” Additionally, if you’re planning to have a business website or a functional website to sell your products, then your domain name should represent what you’re trying to convey. Thus, personalized domain names are very ideal for this.
1. Domain Name Registration Tips
2. Key Aspects of Successful Domain Name
3. Why Choosing an Ideal Domain Name is Critical
4. How to Choose Cheap Domain Name & Benefits of Cheap Domain Names
5. Keyword Rich Domain Names
6. Why Domain Registration & Web Hosting Actually do for your Website
2. Perfect for coding experts: WordPress allows the coding experts to design the site without any limitations nor restrictions. Having a WordPress account would entitle you to do anything you want in your site. You could also opt for premium WordPress themes in case you’re planning to set up a professional blog.
3. AdSense: Just like Blogspot, you could integrate an AdSense account with your WordPress after an activation from Google. Also, if your blog is powered by WordPress, you could customize it even more and make it search friendly. You just need to install a couple of plugins and use your preferred theme, maximizing the AdSense potential at the same time.
4. Traffic: WordPress offers blog tours and promotes interaction between the bloggers. This allows the users to have fun and customize their profiles depending on what they want to show.
5. Own Domain Name: Due to the fact that you own your domain name and you host your own content, you have the complete ownership and copyright for everything posted on your page. No need to worry that someone would shut down your account without even informing you.
Now that we’ve resented both blogging platforms, it’s your turn to decide whether Blogspot or WordPress is more ideal for you. Think about the purpose why you want to blog, then you’ll have an idea which platform would work best for you.
What you should be doing next is signup with this WordPress plan for just one cent only and start creating your first blogging site and start making money with Adsense. It’s very simple to get started, click the following banner here to entitle.
Also Read:- 7 Tips to Start a Succesful Blog